Friday, April 3, 2009

Even I had a say!!!

They say when you know what you want
The whole world conspires you to achieve
I believed it and kept my want alive
But who knew what she wanted

They say if you want something badly
You must let it go free
I hoped that she may return
Only to realize hope's dangerous

They say try, try and try again
And keep trying until you succeed
I tried and sometimes I over-tried too
Few rounds in my soul & she knocked me down

They say that way follows will
So I nurtured my determination well
And befriended my perseverance too
But in the woods, she took the other path

I believed what they all said
And agreed to what all she said
In all this fake belief system
I forgot that even I had a say.

4 comments:

Carpe Diem... said...

He He He ...
This reminded me of the blog I wrote; "Listen, when they talk"

You better raed that ..

~ Ankit Bhalerao ~

Shaz L said...

I had read that blog of yours. But I am afraid that I don't see any relation between the two. As I said in my reply to your other comment that when we will sit together some day, I will tell you the motivation behind all these poems and then the picture would be crystal clear in front of you.

Iconoclastic Minion said...

How come i never commented on this poem :) By the way is this poem about the hedonist ;)

Amy said...

Good one Shashi...