Saturday, November 8, 2008

Namesake - The Shaz L story

Disclaimer : This is not an interesting blog. It's just an informative blog.

Some people who know me little must be wondering what's the name of my blog about. Who or what is shazl? So, for them and everyone reading my blog, "Shaz L" is my pen name. It's just an abbreviation for my full name i.e. Shashi Prakash Ladha. I used it for the first time when I started writing on a site called Helium. They ask for a pen-name during sign-up. That time, I was pretty serious about writing on that site and I though why not come up with a cool, short name that will sound familiar to people across the globe. FYI, Helium is a US based site and majority of the readers and writers on this site are US based so Shaz L seemed appropriate to me. The trail actually lies with one of my old yahoo id, shaz_praz_laz(I know it's very funny). This was inspired by the "Shaz and Vaz" show.

When I started using this name, I didn't know that there could be people who would already be using this name. One fine day, I searched it on google and although I could see my Helium profile on the top of the list ( :) wow ), I could see more pages with Shaz Ls who actually were not me. First thing that cmae to my mind was "identity theft" but they could have been named like that by their parents or they might have come up with this name before me. So, there is no choice and I have to live with all these Shaz Ls on internet.

Sometimes, other pages come above mine in the search so I am in a kind of a competition with all these Shaz Ls. Today, my page came at 4th place and at first place is a facebook account. One of the reason of writing this blog is to promote my association with this name which in turn will bring my page on the top.

I have been using this name so frequently that now I really feel it as one of my names or say nick-names. Now, if someone calls "Shaz", I automatically look towards that person. Most of my forward mails carry my signature as Shaz L and I use it at every casual place I can because I really like this name now. And to mention, I was very delighted to get this name for my blog URL.

So now you all know - Why Shaz L!!!

1 comment:

Carpe Diem... said...

I dont know why you wrote this blog ... Why Man ??

ShazL is Cool ...
But u will remain Ladha for us tillt he heavens start the rain ...

~ Ankit Bhalerao ~